The following procedures are intended to give general guidelines on handling customer returns from your Dell JIT contract.
Please help us help you by reading through the following information to ensure that when you need to return an item to TIG, we can make the process go as smoothly and quickly as possible. Each TIG return must have a Return Material Authorization (RMA). Exceptions to the TIG return policies will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Returns must be completed within 10 days of receipt by LANL shipping and
receiving (SM 30).
- Products must be in original manufacturer packaging, unopened and in re-sellable
condition (TIG recommends that you keep the original box and packaging materials
for at least 15days).
- Cable, manuals, accessories and software, where applicable, must be included
in original packaging. Everything that was shipped originally must be returned.
- Boxes must not be written on or altered in any way. This includes placing
your MR on the outside of the box with heavy tape. Please insert the copy
of the MR in the original pocket provided by TIG. Include any additional information
that may be useful to TIG on a separate piece of paper (unless a return form
is provided by TIG).
- Use masking tape to reseal the box. Do not use yellow or duct tape to reseal
boxes because removing this type of tape damages the box.
- Packages sealed with any tape except masking tape may be returned to you.
- Software may not be returned if the original manufacturer seal has been
broken unless the software package is defective.
- Returns that do not meet the above requirements will be refused at SM 30
and returned to the customer.
- Product sold at a value of less than $25.00 cannot be returned unless the
product is defective.
RMA TYPES / DEFINITIONS:
- DOA (defective on arrival) products are inoperable upon first use or within
30 days of receipt.
- Cancellations include product that has shipped to the customers’
site prior to TIG receiving notice of cancellation.
- Warranty Repair/Exchange are products which become defective after 30 days
from receipt of the product by LANL Shipping/Receiving and are to be repaired/exchanged
under a vendor or manufacturer warranty.
- Wrong Product Ordered by customer. There will be a 10% re-stocking fee
for this type of return if product is a non-stock order.
- Wrong Product Received is products received by the end-user, which do not
match the line item on the MR.
The end user or designated assistant must contact 830-8417 or SM 30 at 667-4000 to initiate the RMA process. TIG will need the following information to process the RMA.
- MR number
- End-users name and phone number
- Line item(s) description and quantity to be returned
- Serial number and property number, if applicable
- Reason for return, (i.e. DOA, Wrong product ordered, etc)
- Condition of product upon leaving end user (this is critical as boxes which
are written on or altered in any way may not be returned)
TIG will make every reasonable effort to return products to the original vendor. However, manufacturer and vendor restrictions may prevent some returns. Prompt handling and adherence to the above is critical to process returns efficiently.